Defense Attorney in Grand Junction, CO
Need Defense for Drug Charges?
If you have drug charges or have been accused of drug possession in Colorado, it is important to know the seriousness of the crime. There are a few factors the state of Colorado may use to determine the extensiveness of the drug charges.
Drug Charge Factors
- Classification of Drug: Punishment differs depending on the type of drug classification. (i.e. marijuana vs. heroin)
- Schedule 1: LSD, Peyote, Heroin, Ecstasy.
- Schedule 2: Vicodein, cocaine, methadone, ritalin, adderall, oxycondone, and fentanyl.
- Schedule 3: Tylenol with codeine, anabolic steroids, ketamine, and testosterone.
- Schedule 4: Xanax, alium, tramadol, soma, and Valium.
- Schedule 5: Lomotil,
- Quantity: Depending on how drugs were in your possession, a punishment can be adjusted for better or worse.
- Purpose: A court will look at your intent with the drugs. For example, if you intended to distribute the drugs, you’re punishment may be harsher than it would be if you intended to use it.